Wednesday, April 22, 2009

In Hermosillo in Mexico

We finally got to Hermosillo on Monday. We had so much fun. It took a long time driving. We stayed at 5 different hotels.

At the grocery store, I met a little boy. He asked me what my name was. I said, "Dylan". He asked me if I liked dinosaurs and I said yes. He asked me where I was from and I said Canada. I kind of remember his name, but it was a name that I thought was silly.

The weather is hot. It has been 40c.

We have met 2 missionary families. One has a 6-year-old boy and the other has a 5-year-old boy that turns 6 tomorrow. We are going to his birthday party.

I spoke Spanish on the telephone to Mr. Neufeld:
I said, "Hola."
He asked if my dad was there.
I said, "Si. Uno momento."
It was fun!

7 comments:

  1. Great work on your Spanish - you can say much more than I can - I'd never understand you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Dylan and family

    joanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dylan this is going to be such a time for you and your family Hola to you that is about all Granny knows. Hope you make lots of new friends and do not geat sunburnt while you are there, however enjoy the weather. say hi to Kobe, Zane mom and dad for Granny and Papa love you lots

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Dylan. It sounds like you are having a lot of fun and seeing a lot of neat and cool things. I wish that Pamela was with you so she could see those things too. You will have to tell her all about them.
    Love Auntie Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dylan,
    Glad to hear you've arrived safely in Mexico. Have a wonderful time - we'll be praying for you.
    Love Pastor Dan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dylan and Koby and Zane (Dwayne and Amy too) We heard you are or were sick and we hope that you are feeling better, we are praying for you. May God bless you and keep you.
    Love, Craig and Tonia

    ReplyDelete